8-Hydroxy-2′-deoxyguanosine (8-OHG) is an oxidatively damaged DNA product formed by hydroxyl radicals, singlet oxygen, and direct photodynamic action. 8-OHdG can be detected in tissues, serum, urine, and other biomaterials. The new 8-OHdG Check is a competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) that uses a monoclonal antibody (clone N45.1) that is highly specific for DNA damage, does not cross-react with RNA oxidation products such as 8-hydroxy-guanine and 8-hydroxy-guanosine. This product is suitable for the detection of 8-OHdG in urine and other biomaterials of humans and animals.
This product is an 8-OHdG ELISA kit that uses an anti-8-OHdG monoclonal antibody (clone N45.1) that is highly specific for 8-OHdG. We offer two types of 8-OHdG ELISA kits with different assay ranges. The new 8-OHdG Check ELISA is suitable for human and animal urine and serum samples. If you are planning to measure 8-OHdG in human serum, tissue, cultured cells, we recommend using ‘Highly sensitive 8-OHdG check ELISA’.
- Assay principle: Competitive ELISA (detection: 450 nm)
- Specificity: Specific for 8-OHG. Antibodies to 8-OHdG (guanosine (G), 7-methyl-G, 6-SH-G, 8-Bromo-G, dA, dC, dT, dI, dU, dG, O6-methyl- dG, 8-OHdA, guanine (Gua), O6-methyl-Gua, 8-OH-Gua, uric acid, urea, creatine, creatinine, 8-sulfhydryl-G, 8-OH-G).
- Measurement range: 0.5 to 200 ng / mL
- Format: 96 wells (18 samples in triple assays)
- Applications: Urine of humans and animals.
For serum and tissue samples, the high sensitivity 8-OHdG check (code # KOG-HS10E) is recommended.
- Storage: Store at 4 – 10 ° C (do not freeze).
- Expiration: 12 months after the manufacturing day.
- Required but not provided: Micropipette and chip (100 micro L, 1000 micro L).
Measuring pipette (10 mL, 20 mL) / measuring cylinders.
Synchronous 8 or 12 channel multichannel pipette and reagent tray for the multichannel pipette.
Microplate reader (filter; 450 nm).